Re: Re: 7 mothers, lightbringer temples, worlddominance

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:01:29 -0500

Benedict Adamson wrote:

> "KYER, JEFFREY" wrote:
> > His name is Doburdun, the Loyal Storm. Sadly, he doesn't have
> > the mythic breadth of Orlanth so he's not too popular.
>
> Or competent.

Oh, yes! Indeed. But isn't it always the way? A reliable, unthreatening incompetent is often more cherished than the dangerous competence of a capable underling?

Political reliablity seems to be a more important criteria than competence. My! Shades of Nick's Empire...!

> The King of the Iristalos regretted replacing the Stone Guard with
> Doburdun lackeys, when he sent them against us; although outnumbered,
> we defeated them with ease.

Yep. The Black Oaks, who embraced the Loyal Storm, are no more.

> When I faced the Dirani's Champion alone, it was clear who was the
> better warrior. When *I* hold a Champion's portion, no Doburdun will
> withstand me.

Unless he does something sneaky. We _think_ that there's a nasty connnection between Doburdun and the Storm Tribe. I suspect, somewhere, that a 'reverse Monrogh' could be done to bring him 'back' into the Storm Tribe.

Jeff