Re: Yara Aranis

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:59:02 -0800

> > Does anyone know of HW-ised cult of Yana Aranis, notably
>> affinities?
>
> Evidently not. How about:
>
> Smite Nomads (Destroy Spirit, Disrupt Strategy, Terrify Nomads)
> Horse-Eater (Kill Horses, Terrify Horses, Unslakable Bloodthirst)
> Roads (Protect Traveller, Maintain Network, Sense Disruption)

I'm not sure where the Roads affinity comes from, though there could always be a subcult. As goddess of the Reaching Moon, she probably has

Glowline (Strengthen Lunar Magic, Sense Disturbance, Incarnadine Glow)

Her picture on the Gods of Glorantha box has a third eye, and she carries manacles. She should have some ability to see nomads, and bind their mounts (i.e. slow them to immobility).

I've given her an Eat Horse ritual, too.

And see <http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/1481/boo1.html>.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>