Re: Small Glorantha

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:17:20 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Benedict Adamson wrote:

> Mikko Rintasaari wrote:
> > Has anybody else noticed that the distances on Glorantha tend to be
> > rather short?
>
> Its been pointed out before (by Alex?) that tula sizes are rather
> small, in comparison to RW dark age territories of comparable
> population.

They'll have to be, if the scale's are what they appear to be.

Parhaps I'll just have to scale everything up by an appropriate factor.

My vision of Sartar, Heortland etc. has always had unclaimed lands and wildernesses. If the clans are stacked really close together and every inch of land is in use it just isn't possible.

Then again, I think this is a problem from the earliest maps. There's an _old_ article on the Glorantha site, where Greg tries to talk about the scale of Dragon Pass (the boardgame).

Parhaps something needs to be done.

        -M