Re: Re: Small Glorantha

From: e-g_at_...
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:32:37 GMT

Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> writes:

>Have a look at the Genertela Book. There you see the entire
>continent of Genertela imposed on a map of the United States.
>Since the small scale has been widely published for over ten
>years, there's little point in trying to change it.

I've just checked the map of the Lunar Empire in the Dragon Pass rulebook from 1980... that has a scale showing the distance from Thunder Delta to Furthest is about 1500 miles, and 1200 miles from the Sweet Sea to the Von Mountains. That's about 2.5 times larger than the scale of the Wesley Quadros/Martin Laurie colour map. Funnily enough, it's also pretty much the same size as the historical Persian Empire.

So, when did Glorantha shrink to 40% of its previous size?

Stephen