Re: Small Glorantha

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:59:59 -0000

> at teh map and says "hang on, we're only 6 miles away, we can walk
> there in a couple of hours...

Exactly so - this is NOT a trivial problem. We're going to get to the point were large armies are going to be scattered across geographically significant distances; does it mean we have to lower the height of Kero Fin to scale, could you see Glamour from its summit? How far is the Gloranthan horizon? Are the "wastes" of Prax really threatening or could you cross them with a good pair of boots and couple of water-bottles?

I don't mind a small space acting as a small space, but I think its a bit much asking for this sort of map-reading double-think. And if we were to "dramatically" rewrite distances on the fly, then we either risk inconsistency or we in effect re-base the scale. How could anyone write tournament scenarios, frex, or indeed any scenarios at all, if there is no reason to expect that the map scale used will coincide with that of the play group?