Re: Seven Mothers

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:49:04 -0000

> seems clear to me that some Sartarites do see benefits to the Lunar
> viewpoint, at least on a cynical level. Not getting crucified
> always seems the best argument to me...

Fine. What we still don't know is: what dot he 7 Mothers do?

Negotiations at the clan level, for Imperial assistance, would seem to require disucssion with someone empowewred to give that assistance, presumably a representative of the Provincial governemnt.

Inividuals disenfrahcised and escaping Heortling justice could, it seems, pretrty much just walk ouf of the tula and beome a Lunar camp follower or support personnel.

For the rest of the Heorltings, these decisions have little impact att he eprsonal level; they are political. However, it seems to me that there would be no absence of criticism of such traitors, given the extent and strength to which Heortling culture is inculcutated in children from a very young age. So, it still does not give me much of a model of what the 7M are doing, how they pitch their argument, how they conceive of their own role and efforts, hoiw they operate, what their goals are and how they pursue them.