re: Chaos and Lunars

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:42:54 -0000

Not sure what proper official Gloranthan dogma is, but our group plays that the Lunars teach:
  1. Some chaos has been integrated/controlled/"healed" by the Goddess and/or proper authorities. It's "safe" and on "our side". Some PCs, even good Lunars, may still be leery (think Three Mile Island next door). In many cases, we require that the PC be Illuminated to take full advantage of the chaotic effect or spell. We also play up the bureaucratic aspects of the Empire, so permits would be required.
  2. Some chaos rejects the Goddess and is basically just plain bad. Ideally, the Goddess will eventually "heal" it and bring it into the world, but, from a practical point of view, just kill it (or run!). Our straightforward Yanafali fighter jokes that he will "heal" such chaos of it's need to breathe.