Re: Chaos and Lunars

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:12:31

James Hawkins:

>A few thoughts on Chaos & Lunars

>1. Maybe the bulk of Lunars never see the chaotic side.

One should distinguish between Lunars (people that worship the moon) and subjects of the Lunar Empire (most of whom are not Lunars). Most subjects being Dara Happans, Pelandrans, Sylilings etc have nothing to do with Chaos and consider it a bad thing if they encounter it. The Lunars on the other hand believe that Chaos is something that must be embraced for their goddess's message of universality admits no limits.

Most Imperial Subjects know that the Lunars traffic in chaos and accept with differing levels of disbelief that this is a Good Thing.

>3. How would you tell the difference between our brave hero who
>heroquested for extra toughness, and their chaos-tainted villain who
>sacrificed for a chaos feature: armoured hide?

Ask an Uroxi. Furthermore a chaos feature of armoured hide would be distinctively ugly.

--Peter Metcalfe