Re: Digest Number 729

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:45:29 +0000

Stephen Tempest:

> "How do we know the Red Goddess is chaotic? * [snip]
>
> * And no, reading the Hero Wars rule book listing her affinities
> doesn't count. That's out-of-game knowledge..

Arguably not. Sure, Gloranthan's won't know what an 'affinity' is in game terms, but I suspect that the names of the affinities are known descriptions of 'what the deity has power over'. They are also the runes of the deity (in the RuneQuest sense) and I believe these would also be known to Gloranthans. Just because people won't know what a Target Number is doesn't mean they won't know (broadly speaking) what the powers of the deity are. Which isn't to say that the priestesses don't dress it up in fancy language...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

MXLPs: 3 (Cap'n Q, Harvey Mills, Tim Hall)