Re: Seven Mothers

From: Adam Benedict Canning <dahak_at_...-online.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:33:02 -0000

> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:28:00 +0200 (EET)
> From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Re: Seven Mothers
>
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 e-g_at_... wrote:
>
> > Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...> writes:
> >
> > >The Lunars worship a goddess tainted by chaos, and use
> chaotic demons
> > >and broospawn in warfare. There can be no peace with
> people like that.
> >
> > "How do we know the Red Goddess is chaotic? * The old
> greybeards say
> > she is, but to them everything they don't understand is
> Chaos. All
> > the Lunars _I've_ met seemed like regular guys. The old world is
> > over, and we know better!"
>
> Well, the bat was used in Sartar, and I can't see the memory of that
> monster fading anytime soon.

But if you worship it it eats other people in preference to you.

Which is pretty much the entirety of the Cult of the Crimson Bats doctrine.

Feed it members of tribe X who you have hated since the Dawn and it won't eat you.

Once you get a taste for it eating your enemies your so far gone you might as well paint red crescents on your for head and start declaring that the universe could use a creative redesign and the assembly of a few more gods for various peculiar and unorlanthi purposes.

Adam