Re: Deva?

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 03:27:40 -0500

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

>I've been looking at old norse words for god and
>spirit...

According to RUNEQUEST Vikings, Norse spirits are variously referred to as "alfar", "disir" or "vaettir". The last may be the most accurate as an overall term. Regardless, it includes spirits of dead ancestors, spirits which protect a family, and spirits of natural phenomena or beasts. What HERO WARS refers to as Animism would be called "seidr" by the Norse.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and