Re: Seven Mothers and Bat

From: Adam Benedict Canning <dahak_at_...-online.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:57:48 -0000

> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:21:39 -0000
> From: "morganconrad" <morganconrad_at_...>

> Adam Benedict Canning writes:
>
> "But if you worship it it eats other people in preference to you.
> Which is pretty much the entirety of the Cult of the Crimson Bats
> doctrine."
>
> Well, in a way, that's Kygor Liter / ZZ doctrine too.
> And Praxian doctrine.
> And Brythini doctrine. (if you equate Tapping to eating)

Not the entirity of it KL doctrine has a lot about doing what mom says and how nice and comfy dark is and eating too many dwarves in one go is bad.

Brythini Doctrini has a lot about how immortality comes from unquestioning acceptance of your position in life.

The Cult of the Crimson Bat's doctrine is feed other people to the Bat. No concerns about doing it the right way or with the appropriate mental outlook, just keep the Bat fed on other people. No promise of a Bat motifed Afterlife, No becoming one with the Bat, just providing other people for it to eat rather than you.

Because when it comes down to it its Propitiatory worship only.

> If you are less literal about the "eats", Heortling
> doctrine ain't a
> whole big improvement either - they worship their clan's
> Devas/Wyters
> and hope that disasters hits them less than they hit the
> other tribes.

They don't feed members of other clans to the tribal wyter because otherwise it will eat them. The point about the Bat cult is it is literal on this.

> Sure, KL/ZZ/Brythini aren't very admirable either, but,
> IMO, most of
> you are far too sentimental about the Heortlings, and give them a
> sense of unity and justice for all that they simply DO NOT HAVE.

Heortlings will at least think about helping other people in distress. The Bat cultist will solve those peoples problems by feeding them to the bat. Not because it puts them out of their misery because having your soul digested by a Chaos horror is not exactly painless, but because that's several hours before they need to find someone else to feed it.

> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:57:30 -0000
> From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_at_...>

> Though for an different take, you might enjoy the version at:
> www.etyries.com/moonson/paulis-longvale.htm

He hasn't been Chief Feeder long and already he's condemning random individuals to obliteration based on his own personal decisions outside what passes for the Lunar rule of law.

That particular write up was what first started me thinking about the class of lunatic [in both meanings of the word] one puts in charge of that cult.

Adam