Re: Re: Deva Knowledge?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 08:31:45 -0800

At 02:16 PM 2/1/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>> IMO the Orlanthi refer to daimones (a Malkioni term IMO) as
>> godlings.

>That's what I've used too. (only translated to Finnish)
>
>Lesser gods, and occasionally demigods for something between a mortal
>and a deity.

Of course, they use native Sartarite words and concepts. I don't usually play my commoners as knowing much about the various Otherworlds, just that there are degrees of non-usness that are more important than whether it is ammonia or ammonium poisoning. Even the most informed Sartarite priest would first classify entities as Us, friends, rivals, enemies, great dangers, monstrous monsters, and chaos. Each would have its response for the discoverer of such phenomena (ie, get the experts). Those experts then can identify the thing's weakness ("OK, this is A baranbarom, from the spirit world. Get the Kolating up here.")

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>