Re: Another "Just curious" question

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 13:58:01 -0000

Not particularly. A lot of my trial write ups have something out of the ordinary (can smell spirits, has danced with wind children, sight like an alynx), but all fairly small things, nothing that would overshadow normal magic or even good skills.

IMO a rule of thumb on reasonable abilities to have is that you can't duplicate a god's affinities without worshipping them. i.e. you can't just fly, because Vangarth has a whole affinity dedicated to that. You might have a flying steed, or a tame whirlwind that can hoist you in the air, or even a magical cape from a Vangarhi ancestor that lets you use Vangarthi flying.....but I think just stating "Joe can fly" takes away from more legitimate powers. Just my personal view point.

-Bryan