Re: Re: Re: Re: Deva?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 22:24:35 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Peter Larsen wrote:

> That's what I've used too. (only translated to Finnish)
>
> So what is the Finnish word for godlings?

I've just used Lesser God = v�h�isempi jumala But it's more of an explanation than a term. It helps separate them from spirits. I've used daimon too, but it doesn't sound right culturally.

No neat word to use in finnish, so that's why I've been "shopping" for something in Old Norse.

There's an amusing old finnish* word that I use.

Seita = an image of a god, carved from wood

        -Adept

*Parhaps actually from the saami people of Lapland