Re: Another "Just curious" question

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:06:54 -0800

> > > Would you include wierd abilities like "Fly", "Spit Fire"
> > > or "Breathe Water" in your character writeup?

This reminds me that way back in prehistory - I think we're talking early eighties here, there was a Different Worlds article on Gloranthan Birthdays. A person would often gain unusual gifts because of the runic associations of their birthday (and in some cases - unless Sacred Time Intervenes - their conception day, as pregnancy is four seasons long).

So someone born on Windsday, Movement Week, Storm Season might be a natural flyer over short distances, even if they worship a stodgy grounded deity like Humakt.

A person born on Fireday, Harmony Week, Fire Season might be able to conjure flames from a painted piece of pottery.

And so on.

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

Argrath, Iron-quester,
Gaining a lifelong

            glory for battle,
Slew with the sword edge, the spear point, the spell. Vanquished the Red Ones, brake we their shield-wall, Hacked through the lindenwood,
hewed through the shield.