Re: Ancestral Registry Gaps

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 22:44:43 +1300

At 12:37 3/02/02 -0800, you wrote:

>A true 'messiah' then. This fills in a big gap in Orlanthi cosmography. What
>about apostates, kinslayers, evil-doers and consorters with chaos?

If they are apostates then they are no longer Orlanthi and thus beyond Orlanth and Ernalda's power. Evildoers are sent to the realm of Dead Air to be hunted day and night by spirits (KoS p69) until such time as the evil is purged and they are reborn. Kinslayers would receive the same treatment while the fate of consorters with chaos depends on how much they have consorted with chaos. If they hired broo mercenaries for example then they are evildoers. If they cast off Orlanth's laws then they would be apostates and thus condemned to whatever hells awaits the chaotic.

>Are these
>lost forever in their own self-created hells (because no one can make you do
>anything), are they to be given a chance to learn from their mistakes
>(reincarnated with a heavy wyrd perhaps), or might they one day rejoin the
>ancestors through the compassion of Ernalda and the heroquesting of clan
>descendants?

Well there is the example of Hofstaring Treeleaper being rescued from a Lunar Hell so a lost Orlanthi can always be brought back (unless the bat has eaten him and the like). I don't believe Ernalda has much to do with this as the image of Holy Virgin interceding for sinners doesn't suit her.

As for being reincarnated with a heavy wyrd (or bad karma), it's possible but I've not heard such a thing among the Orlanthi.

--Peter Metcalfe