Re: Another "Just curious" question

From: Adam Benedict Canning <dahak_at_...-online.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:00:01 -0000

> Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 09:07:10 -0800
> From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Another "Just curious" question
>
> > > Would you include wierd abilities like "Fly", "Spit Fire"
> > > or "Breathe Water" in your character writeup?
> >
> > Since when is "Fly" is a weird ability to an Orlanthi?
>
> I wasn't restricting characters to the Orlanthi - would you
> like to be an
> Aldryami with Fly, or a Dara Happan? :-)

Flying Aldryami are usually called Pixies. Though I suppose one could have an F1 Pixie/Elf hybrid. :)

Solar Flight is boring,you just go up and down.

Trollish flying involves Beetles or partial beetleforming.

Mostali flying involves gunpowder...

Spit Fire is somewhat less cross cultural. But even then it implies backstory for the characters.

Mostly I wouldn't let such powers be mor useful than a Feat or Integrated Spirit.

Adam