Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: TheCam_at_...
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:45:21 EST

bredmond02 said:

>1. Should BA not have included a guide to Sartar of some sort, either
>a stand alone description of places or one contained within
>scenarios? Sartar is pretty large, with a lot of interesting
>geography, magical and otherwise. Perhaps the second book deal with
>this?

I'd like to see this, too, and I think I remember Greg or someone saying some type of gazeteer is in the works (not sure though if it's for a future SR or something else)

>2. Maps. Is there any chance of seeing at least a detailed Narrator's
>map? Perhaps with a `blank' or general one for players.

This would, hopefully be part of the gazeteer...

>3. Was there not supposed to be a clan generator of sorts? I know
>there is one on the Issaries website but it would have been nice to
>have a written or updated version.

I believe this has been pushed to the next SR (Orlanth is Dead)

>When the info provided by Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe is added to
>Barbarian Adventures, we get a pretty rounded and enjoyable package.
>However, it all still has one very serious flaw - a lack of detailed,
>campaign style scenarios. IMO the reason RQ2 took off was because of
>the early box sets, and books like Griffin Mountain, provided massive
>detail *within* the scenarios themselves. I presumed we were going to
>get the same thing in Sartar Rising, and perhaps we still will. Given
>the low page count of these releases however, and the lack of a third
>book I am not so sure.

The web site list no less than 4(!) SR books so I'm sure we'll get a lot more great info!

Camo