Re: Balmyr moved?

From: o_leppa <oleppa_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 15:15:05 -0000

> The Balmyr do indeed seem to have moved in comparison with
Questlines.
> However, the BA map, despite its small size, is the official one.

I haven't seen the BA map yet, but I always thought that the Questlines map misrepresented the Balmyr territory by placing the word "Balmyr" north of the Stream. I'd see them on both sides.

> The BA map too should be seen as an approximation of sorts, albeit
the most
> reliable we possess. Neither the QL or the BA maps purport to show
exact
> tribal borders. I do note that the BA map tends to exaggerate the
holdings
> of the Free Tribes, while de-emphasising the lands of the slave
tribes. This
> is probably in accordance with what is happening on the ground -
the slave
> tribes are losing clans and lands to the invader and to pro-Lunar
tribes.

That's a good point. And as far as I see it, there isn't exact borders.

> (Out of interest, is there any official information abroad as to
which tribe
> owns Wilmskirk?)

I have done a lot of searching and I haven't found any. Wilmskirk is in my Glorantha an independent city, made to pacify wars between Balmyri and Kultaini (and their allies Sambari and Locaemi).

And bear in mind that the Balmyr tribe has gotten (if there's contrary evidence in the BA, please do inform me) three clans out of former Kultaini clan so the emphasis or orientation would be more down south.

And that makes the Balmyr folk happy, because in the old times they held the territory "from Crossline to Stream".

Otto