Working Shrines

From: Darran <darransims_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:33:14 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2002-02-11-1830.

I was just wondering about the different shrines that Heortling villages and clans may have and what form they would take. Instead of altars, statues, triptychs, icons, etc that would make it look like a western church or chapel, would take on some practical form that reflects the nature of the divinity worshipped.
I was thinking of things like Watchtowers dedicated to Rigsdal, Starkval palisades, Minlister breweries, Barntar ploughs, Pelora granaries, Humakti Warrior barracks, etc.

If this is so to whom would Windmills and Watermills be dedicated to? And would Heortling technology stretch to making these?

BTW who is the god/godess of hops used in brewing beer (of is it covered by Minlister) and will he/she have an important role in the hops war??

Cheers Darran.

... Aeolia, where the storm-clouds have their home, a place teeming with furious winds from the south. Here Aeolus is king, and in a vast cavern he controls the brawling winds and the roaring storms, keeping them curbed and fettered in their prison. Resentfully they rage from door to door in the mountainside, protesting loudly, while Aeolus sits in his high citadel, sceptre in hand, taming their arrogance and controlling their fury.

                        Virgil.  The Aeneid.