More BA

From: Jonas Schiott <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:06:04 +0100

My review was written mainly with the non-gloranthophile in mind, so I glossed over some points.

For the record, I don't really see the logic in bumping the clan questionnare to part 2. It seems to me that it would be more useful at the start of a campaign than a few years into it. Issaries could have shifted the Lunar stats to make room: they're mostly too powerful for beginning characters to handle, and don't figure in any of the presented episodes anyway.

OTOH, I have it on good authority that the questionnare which is finally printed will differ from the one up on the web. Exactly how, I don't know. But if it somehow generates information that is only useful once the main storyline gets started, the new placement would make more sense. I just can't tell yet, so I'll have to reserve judgement.

As for DB - sorry, "squirrel" - I obviously disagree with most of his comments. Some of them are just plain false, like this one:
> contradictory information, like the three types of rebels, two of
> which are earlier said not to exist any more.
Here he has taken one narrative of a very local state of affairs to apply to all of Sartar...

I suppose the "now" date could have been mentioned somewhere. It's obviously sometime between late 1619 and early 1621, but this could have been spelled out for those who don't follow the mailing lists and read all the fan material... There is of course no reason not to start playing earlier, to take advantage of a known timeline. And yes, "What Your Grandpa Told You" is seemingly influenced by the notion (mentioned by Greg in GTA mailings) that the "Hero Wars Campaign" starts in 1615. Big deal.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg