Re: Re: More BA

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:19:39 +0000

Gareth Martin wrote:
> I'm afraid its a VERY big deal [whether the campaign starts in 1615]. Gee, are there Lunars here or not -
> thats a very big deal indeed.

The book is clear enough that there are Lunars around, that the campaign is after 1602.

The precise date is not as important as you might think in actual game play (in contrast to theoretical sniping from the sidelines). Heortling clan activities, which is what BA is about, have a timeless quality about them. The Blood Feud episode, for example, could happen almost any time in Heortling history! We played most of our clan activities without ever tying the date down more precisely than 'around but before 1621'.

In the later books of the story arc, when the characters become involved in 'historical events' and 'geopolitics' (as you call it) I can see that precise dating is more important.