Re: Sartar Map

From: contracycle <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:52:41 -0000

> Fixing hard and fast boundaries, even if they only last for the
> figurative moment of the maps creation would actually make Sartar
> less solid for me.

They don't have to be "hard", in fact probably should not be; but I'll bet that most people in the region know exactly where to find the clan tula of their local neighbour clans, and can tell the difference between land the next-clan-over-the-hill claims and land the NCOTH actually lives on. You might plan a route to bypass the known hunting lands of an enemy clan, or risk passing through them to avoid even more risky paths patrolled by Lunars. I'd be quite happy with a map that does not contain any actual border lines, anyway, but it would be nice to have some sense of whats going on in the landscape. And even then, these days political and other border indications can be kepot on a seperate layer and imposed on a geographic map, so in fact it would be quite easy, technically, to produce a series of products following the dragon pass arc, or another, with maps which alter in line with the arc. That is a much more interventionist, didactic method but is feasible.