Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: wulfcorbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:25:58 -0000

> > edition rears it's head it will be. But the step up from the BA
> > scenarios to these sample opponents is one hell of a big step! In
the

> Depends. I do agree with you - some of the numbers were pretty
tough but
> I'm quite willing to shave a few points off the various enemies if
need
> be. Game Balance is the preserve of the narrator. I'll be playing
with
> the numbers.

I'd have preferred to have some weaker opposition - maybe some bandit groups, young toughs, low-grade raiders - and keep the military units at their 'proper' level. But then, I'm starting to worry over this seeming 'mastery inflation'. I don't particularly object to a couple of levels of mastery, but in our current scenario, where we all had time to power up with augments before attacking some trolls, we have a few xW3, and might even get an xW4! That just seems too high

> > As a supplimentary question, how many HP are people awarding/being
> > awarded on average? We usually get 3-5 average a session.

> That seems a bit low, to me at least. We usually get that much xp +
> directed XP + a few points each week for various things

I think any more than 3-5 would have to be directed, otherwise someone would simply plough it into Close Combat or whatever...

Wulf