Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:33:41 -0000

> Is that ALL the tarsh raiders or the leader? And, I wonder if those
numbers are after they are pumped up with their auto-augments. Sadly, I don't have my copy here at work. Could someone check?

This is probaly more hw-rules, but moving threads tends to break them so:

>From memory 2W2 level is the leader.

FWIW we have been playing for 18 months and now have characters in early W2 levels (not me, I have been narrating too much). But we have had conflicts between narrator characters at the 4W2 level and characters only in the 10-15W range. I use them as a big finish challenge - so their skills can be higher than the PCs. Benedict's Vingan seems to make something of a speciality of killing them.

One trick I use is to improvise the secondary abilites from the keyword. I see the keyword as a broad ability more than a package of skills. If a character tries to be creative about forcing the NPC to use a secondary skill (seems to be a popular strategy) I try to reward that. So you might have Warrior 2W2, but if the player forces you to use your Jump I give the narrator character an 'improvisational modifier' (might be a -20 in this case) on the keyword.

YMMV. Ian Cooper