Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:54:36 +0000

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:41:52 -0500, "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>> No, it narrows the field - narrows it between a 'normal' Warband
>> leader, and Harrek and co*. If I can reach xW4, there's not a lot of
>> point in worrying about an opponent of much less than xW3, even a few
>> of them. And so we get the high-level D&D situation, where you need a
>> dragon or two for a decent workout.
>>

>And, if Harrek & CO are down at w3 or w2, then its much EASIER to get to
>them. Unless you make it a prohibitive cost to raise abilities.

What? Who suggested lowering Harrek? It's too easy as it is to get there. Yes, higher costs would be much better - rising with increasing abilities, maybe doubling every mastery or something. It would make Anaxial's of some use again - most of it isn't after a couple of masteries. And it would promote more rounded, complete characters, as players put HP into lower, cheaper, abilities. Will it slow the game up? Only if the entire game is based on the idea that anyone of any significance whatsoever has at least two, preferably three, masteries.

Which it seems it is.

Wulf