Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:08:54 +0000

"KYER, JEFFREY" wrote:
> When facing Magicians, hack them into
> ministrone. Player characters, even weaker ones, are far more flexible
> than GM characters can ever be (which is the way it SHOULD be).

<probably ought to be on hw-rules, but for now...>

Nice Close Combat. Unfortunately, I made a surprise attack using the Pole-vaulting Attack Feat. How high is your Alert ability? Too bad that's the ability you start the extended contest with. Oh, you don't seem to have so many APs. <rolls>. And spend an HP. And you are defeated. An AP transfer! Just as well I bid high. Now to mop up the minions...

You can regularly defeat people up to about +10 on your ability this way.

HOWEVER, Narrators beware of assigning large ratings to keywords for NPCs. As each keyword covers numerous abilities, the resulting NPC is likely to have some applicable ability that is high. The only option for the players would then to plough all their HPs into Close Combat and use that every time.