Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:25:11 +0000

contracycle wrote:
> If neither the gods nor their worshippers are constant, if both are
> subject to variation and foible, what reason exactly do we have to
> assume that because peacemakers throw blankets over swords in myth
> they do so in reality?

Because Glorantha is a mythic world, where myths reflect the real world and vice versa.

  1. If people knew (or discovered) a myth where peacemakers threw blankets, they could try the same in the physical (non mythic/no Hero plane) world and get a peacemaking magic effect (this is what Feats are, after all).
  2. If Heortling women start breaking up fights by throwing blankets, they can travel to the Hero plane and 'discover' (or create, whatever) a myth in which Ernalda (or one of her daughters) makes peace by throwing blankets.