Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:03:20 +0000

>In the two years (or however long it's been since 1st edition was released),
>our group has one single character who has reached a second mastery
>in one single Ability (and that's a Humakti with 2W2 Close Combat,
>and even THEN only after a HQ).
>As a supplimentary question, how many HP are people awarding/being
>awarded on average? We usually get 3-5 average a session.

Recent discussions got me thinking about this. Playing weekly and missing the odd game, there's been time for some eighty sessions since Hero Wars came out. If you bump up your best skill by one each week, still allowing you to save at least one HP for emergencies, or to spend elsewhere, that adds four masteries to your best skill. Players COULD be running around with 5W5 characters, and followers with 17W4 in their best skills! None of mine are (best in the high W2 level) but...

I'm personally wondering how to slow down players improvement of good skills, so that Tarsh raiders of the W2 level still seem a challenge. The linear improvement system seems flawed for long campaign play.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson