Re: Augment to W4

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:33:30 -0000

> Actually, that set of stats isn't 'A' leader, it's a Weaponthane,
> there are a half dozen of them in the Tarsh warband (a leader is
> mentioned in the text, but no specific stats are included). To my
> reading of BA, you can get at least that many, if not more, in an
> average clan.

I think the clan generator (on the website) gives you half a dozen or so usually. But they are 'thanes', and as such they are leaders. Agreed their conception is tougher than in HW. However look at TR and the description of these guys. These are the half-dozen best fighters in a clan. I don't think its extravagant for them to be at W2, especially in a warband in hostile country.

If these numbers don't work for you an alternative would be to follow the TR (I think) rule of a 10W min for a thane position. That gives you tyro weaponthanes at 10W (lets say he's the chief's nephew - that's how he got the promotion above everyone else in the warband) to try your heroes out on before they move up to the experienced weaponthanes. You could hold back on the kit and followers for these tyros too, until they prove themselves.

Ian Cooper