Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:12:04 +0000

> > Obviously this is a completely different Ars Magica's Mythic Europe than
> > the 'produced by a guy who failed first year medieval history' piece of
>tat
> > that I've seen... Seriously, pick up any reasonable text book on the era,
> > and see the difference. I've known a few people run the game, but no one
> > who didn't throw the setting guide out in favour of the text book...
>
>You're right, it isn't one of my best. On the other hand, I had a whole 2
>1/2 months (later extended to 3 1/2) to produce the book from the ground up,
>including research (Curtis dropped out of the project after writing a couple
>of the Chapter headings). Add in a editor that totally screwed up many, many
>things (you guys thought not having an index is bad? Check out ME's
>"index"!) plus several changes in focus (which were done by the editor after
>I was done), and yes, you end up with a hash.

Wow, look how brave I can be when I don't realise the guy who wrote the piece I'm criticising is present...

I had no idea Roderick wrote Mythic Europe - maybe I should pay attention to who writes these things. On the other hand, given Roderick's involvement, I find it even more disappointing. Given the quality I know he is capable of...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson