Re: Re: Augment to W4

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:33:40 +0000

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:37:55 -0000, you wrote:

>> Perhaps you might describe what you mean by inflation as I fear
>that I
>> do not think I understand the point you are trying to get across.
>
>My point is, if a half-dozen decent, but unremarkable clan warriors
>can (fully prepared & augmented) reach the sort of ability levels as
>Harrek (that's Harrek, not Harrek-and-all-his-mates-fully-prepared-
>and-augmented), then why is he so legendary? OK, being as good as a
>half dozen warriors is pretty damn good, but it's hardly legendary.
>If the average weaponthane was only 10W, it would take (at a wild
>guess) 20 or more of them (who would have trouble all fighting one
>opponent at once anyway), which starts to sound pretty impressive.
>
>The proliferation of xW2 levels just makes the 'top-end' types seem
>less impressive.

Harrek can, on rolling out of bed in the morning with no preparation or support what so ever, produce as much carnage and destruction as a company of experienced warriors who've prepared for the event, carried out rituals, attracted support from their community and the lot.

In practice arranging for Harrek to go into a fight without preparation and supporters would be an adventure of itself.

York BSAC Web Page:
http://website.lineone.net/~york_bsac