Re: God question

From: themalum <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 00:52:47 -0000

> The Argan Argar Chain is a Ralian society and not found in Sartar.

Yeah, I realized this when I checked the reference in Elder Secrets. *sigh* Spotty memory of the Bad Old Days...

> Argan Argar is a God, not a Great Spirit (UZ:ToG p44). To the
> Uz, he teaches the affinities of Exchange with Others (Trade
> Magics) and Son of Night (Darkness magics). He has two known
> subcults, Ezkankekko who teaches Ruler of Hurtplace (fighting
> other elemental magics) and Enlo (spear fighting magics).

Many thanks for this great material! Is this material in the Uz book? Haven't received my copy yet; economic concerns dictated that it take the slow boat from the Wizard's Attic (aka USPS).

> His secret Transcend Perspective gives a bonus to interacting
> with non-darkness creatures.

Issaries is another of the clan's Popular Gods. Must make them a decent trade center. Very good.

> >My question, then, is this: is "Dojor the Black" the
> > Heortling god-name for Argan Argar the Great Spirit?
> Yup, with the provisio that he's a god not a spirit.

I can't wait for the Uz book to arrive so that I can see what becomes a cult and what becomes a tradition. I was always a very big fan of RQ Uz, and I would love to be able to do them correctly.

> I think the Ruler of Hurtplace subcult would only be worshipped
> by a Dojorite who happens to be a chief (BA does mention that
> the Torkani King worships "Argan Argar Rex") while the default
> subcult for the Dojorites would be Enlo.

Hmmm... Humakt and Vingkot came up as other Popular Gods in the clan. Some rivalry seems likely, especially with one of the pregen PCs worshipping Vingkot Champion. (This is what happens when the narrator is a Trickster...)

> I would change the names of the subcults would be different
> and I do think that the Affinities can be renamed to make
> them more appropriate for a Heortling Context (rather than
> ruler of Hurtplace, one could have Command Elements).
> The feats can be anything that's appropriate to the affinity.

This is excellent info! Many, many thanks!

Roland