Re: Who's afraid of the big bad moderator?

From: gjr_at_URepsMQ9BOZTUFhOa6OECleWNPGl4aQFlzdSfTQgb1Y2aspHa5XreKqi4MO7LihtWi289iWR
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 08:40:21 -0000

> Another Gloranthan list to share the overlap between the Digest,
the
> HW and
> HW-L lists.
> *** huzzah....***

<Groan>

> I'm intrigued. Is it meant to be cathartic - a repository for all
the
> flamewars, source-text inerrancy squabbles, hissie fits, sulking and
> fundo/non-fundo, Greg/Issaries/HW/OTG/duck/grognard/analogue rants,
> sort of
> like alt.hero_wars.flame? 'Better World Building through Ridicule?'

If so, call it what it is - herowars-flame_at_yahoogroups.com. My suspicion is that this is not what the creator has in mind. Instead, I think he sees Jeff, Nick (strangely) and possibly myself as too tied into Issaries. The number of posts ending up on the wrong group is probably part of this, but the moderation should point those getting outside the remit of one group to take it to a more appropriate forum. Its a rare case where something needs kicked from the Digest...

> Or has it some more noble purpose - a vehicle for unrestrained
> exploration
> of key issues like deviant durulz sexuality, or why the cows are
not
> what
> they seem? If so, I'm in!

No restraints on the Glorantha Digest - and I'll actively oppose anyone who tries to stop discussions of this sort there.

I'll state my policy for that forum here :

"If its relevant to Glorantha and you keep it vaguely polite, you can discuss it on the Digest."

I don't really see the need for yet another mailing list.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson