Re: Personal Services (Facials My Speciality) was I Want Beaks AKA Roasting a Smelly Goat (was [Who's afraid of the big bad moderator?])

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_QdowfPg9dUDZ4BLT9xTE4NcmuwhzUQhQEwMC7F5domopGuGJIaLE5UAuB-Xfmjwnpm>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 00:05:54 -0500

John Hughes wrote:

>I've just had the distinct pleasure (fawn, fawn)
>of receiving a personal, non-solicited, private
>abusive e-mail from our much-loved dis-moderator.
>Any helpful hints on interpreting this?

Assume it is a compliment of sorts, John, as wankers like Our Mr. Boatright (OMB as opposed to MOB) are very picky when it comes to their targets. He is just trying to convey that you are the John Fitzgerald Kennedy to his Lee Harvey Oswald and that he only has the uttermost admiration and respect for you, his latest nemesis.

Or he could just be an insufferably arrogant and contentious prick of the sort one finds on every Internet mailing list. Sort of like Timothy Ferguson on the Pendragon Digest, but with a smaller vocabulary and less dependence on a cocktail of anti-psychotic medications for his day-to-day emotional stability. Or perhaps he has not yet sought treatment for his extremely obvious personality disorder(s).

>Is it a racial slur, or he just confused about use
>of the term 'native inhabitant'?

I believe he may have been making a sophomoric attempt at humor through a comparison of the aboriginal culture of Australia with that of the RUNEQUEST grognards. Both are being slowly assimilated and destroyed. I confess that the HERO WARS remark stymies me, as all reports I have seen indicate it continues to sell better than expected.

>At first I thought he was helpfully offering tips on
>flaming or creative insults, but there isn't anything
>about me in it.

"Me me me"... it always has to be about *you*, doesn't it John? ;)

>Is it one of those troll thingees?

No, definitely not. Trolls are about two meters tall, have grayish skin, and over-developed canine teeth.

>Is it etiquette to reply, or will it just encourage him?

I believe a good public dressing-down, like the one you just sent, might do the trick. These sorts of people (meaning wankers and insufferably arrogant and contentious pricks) rarely if ever can cope well with humiliation except in the context of sadomasochism sexual play.

"Thank You, Mistress... may i have another?!?"

>Should I feel privileged, or does he send out this sort of
>shit all the time?

Feel privileged, as Jeff Kyer is the only other person who I can recall having received such personalized attention. You stand in good company, you lucky bloke. :)

>And should I drop a copy to postmaster_at_DK-12SRYDCH4Izb088TevnzEza-mrbLqURSyO3dmNpiTeP0KP4alIpke_e27pWf4GFZ29QM_gCctqvyHEPCXliGphJs.yahoo.invalid?

You might, though that might then begin a vicious circle as he reports you to primus.com.au etc. More trouble than it is worth, at least until he threatens to actually burn your sheep non-consensually.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_2TZicABasQElzgpgavvTjM8emV1KC_dv4OvqxrddA86XbmlOlAVFszH15t_9WKTMCh13Cg3-1XTRZJx3G26TEeXe.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and