Re: [OpenHeroWars] Digest Number 42

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_qNZ-TD_HT1twboDjSucDFw9iPziYXbvvKzxEi0m9OhmHFqqf2Oe0VveXk43oKFMG6bFv>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 00:35:50 +1100

> "... puerile ..."
>
> quoth the hairy living-with-his-mother non-driver's-license-owning
> little-lead-miniatures-collecting fantasy RPG enthusiast.

**Ahem**. While I've never conducted a poll, I do believe that non-drivers form at least an appreciable minority of the contributors to this list.

It's been a disappointing year, so perhaps we do need the Open list again. Brooke's usual acerbic wit has been increasingly tempered by warm fuzzy parental hormones, Stafford has learned to spell, Robertson is all sweetness and light (unless you call him 'Rod', or 'Robinson', which I recommend you do frequently), Lord is frequently comprehensible, Hughes has calmed down on the more salacious of his duck obsessions, and even Metcalfe has shown a reasonable, polite side we never thought existed. The loonies have largely gone quiet or left the main lists in high dudgeon, and even our IRA-loving Bostonian is on a leash. No one seems to loathe HW with a vengeance any more, and even suggestions of RQ/HW melds are being met with *gasp* reasoned discussion. No one's called me a 'simulationist wanker' for months. No let me correct that, no one's called me a 'simulationist' for months. When was the last
time I heard the term 'grognard'? Guy Jobbins even used 'emic' in a regular post -
at least I don't think he was piss-taking.

I hardly recognise the lists any more. If this keeps up I'll even begin to understand TI's Digest posts.

Where is our esteemed Open moderator when we need him?

'You know it makes sense...'

J.

nysalor_at_pPF8H4TYstKW1KQWWEytF8oYz8iOzCcZBnt84sXIcX5IxsFeCLGZNZ9tPLQLvdjr68Kd7scPi7yIvNkZsH8.yahoo.invalid                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

I told you, bird brain, I am not Jenning anymore. I am now one of the dark overlords of the universe.