Re: [OpenHeroWars] Digest Number 45

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_BIaLQK3XFaSKtz47iug-JrGs4HULE9cIqfk1-h-odb9fu6xYWyposl4HvRr-PaYjb1GhY>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:32:30 -0800

> Scotland has a varied and imaginative language for insulting people and
> starting fights. Actual swearing is rarely aggresive - more male bonding.
> More innocent seeming phrases (to the uninitiated) are the real killers.
> Took McDonalds about five years to realise that the reason they got so
much
> aggro in their disease pits^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hrestaurants is that
"Can
> I help you?" is one of the direst insults in Glaswegian...

OOh Ooh, please tell us more. I love to hear local insult traditions. John does too, I bet.

> > I was very scared to find a post of TI's that I not only could
> understand,
> > but could reply to.

I think once you can read and reply sensibly to a TI post, the dreaded non-euclidian geometries of Drowned R'yleh hold no fear for you.

> > quoth the hairy living-with-his-mother non-driver's-license-owning
> > little-lead-miniatures-collecting fantasy RPG enthusiast.
>
> Wow. Look at the bonuses on that insult. Practically a whole mastery
> shift.

Nah, since it was all originally admitted by me anyway (in print no less), no bonuses at all. Now, if Julian had used a whit of wit and made up his own insults, *that* would have garnered him points.

RR