Re: [OpenHeroWars] Re: Digest Number 45

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_8HWSj0hsZKXskgWv0Pzrb_lDxLSNI-3YFEsRW2dLTnjj6Y4rqE1brUjDgznrwI37eHV5O>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:03:12 +0000

>Like the Glaswegian 'help you', rooting for your team in Strine has a
>decidedly anatomical meaning.

I'm guessing John is wrong in his guess of what 'can I help you' means to your average Weggie. It is only anatomical in the sense that it tends to lead to doctors trying to reattach bits...

Roughly, "can I help you" translates as "very quickly give me a reason why I should not exercise violence on your person for the very foolish thing you just did".

--
Graham Robinson
graham_at_kVpVuUdSnJykeSwxW3MDJi2YVcqJyn_iCE-wT6n-EA2Cnj1mACFMKF7LypXtqnedLCDDtZavNOqnSr3n01jD.yahoo.invalid

Albion Software Engineering Ltd.