Re: Another pile of meandering, pointless, boring wank from Julian Lord

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_pOeLqHLgT2AxDcAxHVdUDKgawvbLH-fGxW2sWhtyGksHmfTqfbAu3__mG3ZW0jfxQV>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:02:43 -0000

If they are being USED, I don't stomp them.

> What about talking about info in, say, the RuneQuest Companion
> **without** wanting to dissect it or have it dissected GD-style,
> just get the juicy bits out and use them ?

Julian, you are one of the PRIME culprits in MAKING threads GD quality. If you'd settle for a simiple answer without draging in obscure crap that has no bearing on a game, I'd be a lot happer.

No, I'm not happy. Not at all.

I try to do a small favor and change the name to something HeroQuesty... now... who was the person asking (or was it complaining?) about that earlier this month? Hmmm.

> Or any other similar threads that don't meet the criteria of
> acceptability for HeroQuest-RPG but are, nonetheless,
> of interest/use for some people who happen not to be
> GD-enthusiasts ?

I suggest that the digest should be re-habilitated.

> OK, we've got this handy hole to dump our flame wars into,
> but that's not enough IMO.
>
> Anyway, Graham, I'm sorry if I offended you, but I must
> admit to not being particularly impressed with your attitude
> that no other MLs are permissible, no matter what anyone else
> thinks about it or what kinds of discussions they want to
> have with other members of the Tribe, Rules of the Road
> notwithstanding.

I don't think more lists are better. I watched L5R fragment that way with lists dragging into little plies of people with no information or interraction.

For what it matters to you, Greg is of the opinion that further fragmentation is a bad idea.

> "Take it to the GD" almost never works.

Gee. Do you ever follow up on your own threads when they are posted there? Could that be it?

> I don't know why, and frankly I don't care.
>
> But it is a fact that certain threads are killed,
> and certain forms of discussion are effectively verboten.
>
> I realise that this is no-one's intention, and therefore
> no-one's fault. I point no fingers.

Why not? You've done it in the past. IF you'd actually stay on topic on the HeroQuest list, you'd be in a lot less trouble far less often.

> Let me say that the thread-killing that takes place
> on HeroQuest-RPG is almost always justified
> and A Good Thing.

THAT comes as a surprise to me.

> Nevertheless, certain kinds of discussion are
> effectively ruled out in the current situation,
> pious intentions notwithstanding.
>
> I've decided to see whether a new ML is the solution or not.
>
> Having a great big flame war about it will, may I point out,
> solve NOTHING. But something IMHO needs to
> be solved.
>
> cheers,
>
> Julian

It can be solved by proper use of the digest. I fear that I don't really see a reason for your jihad for a new list.

I suspect you won't see a few folks like Greg on it.

I don't know if I'll be on it to be blunt.

I feel that my attempts to be concillatory and flexible have been taken advantage of.

Jeff