Re: [OpenHeroWars] Another pile of meandering, pointless, boring wank from Julian Lord

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_apSLkL54eCHydN4wlQkXg6aAaH7mUuW2-5rjahnaB02SQ3cmD9uRxgMfbUvonj3bPcGcEg>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 23:04:32 +0200

Graham :

> > > Start the discussions in the right place to start with?
> >
> >But Graham, some discussions have no right place !!
>
> Name one? Anything Gloranthan, has a home on the Glorantha Digest.

This isn't a question of subject matter, it's an issue of depth.

> Now
> I have a certain sympathy with those who want a home for their
> "running Buffy the Vampire Slayer with HeroQuest" discussion, but that
> isn't a problem you are solving. Anything Gloranthan is welcome on the
> digest.
>
> >The discussion has been had several times already, and produced
> >no tangible result.
>
> It has? Not so I've noticed. When?

There have been several flame wars involving people posting to the wrong list, after which discussion slash bitching often took place (whether in public or by PM) about the relevance of the GD/ex-HeroWars set-up. Not just me.

These discussions produced *no* results, except to make it perfectly 100% crystal clear that some threads don't belong on HeroQuest-RPG, definitely not, nope. And that people generally don't want to take them to the GD either.

Julian