Re: EVIL & elitist UW publications plus HQ Next Week !!!!

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_776X50l98FjBL7aOCI5lnIjoDbzfR42EYgASCfxskgHUjiteNhxZCD8ybt1O9XhsZZgqLQ>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:42:26 +0200

donald_at_ihFQsveftmdZKv_EaYvW6t0vzm6gLI4D9Muvh92fYf84Y_SgLFY5IUkKFGt6vgJ1flLdzPs4sUHPPiPpHo2N8A.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> In message <bglb1r+bo50_at_eGroups.com> "simon_hibbs2" writes:
> >wrote:
>
> >> Remember, this list is, to a significant degree, supposed to be
> >> "newbie-friendly". Assuming people have UW or TT is a great way to
> >> get newbies off the list, and quite possibly the game.
> >
> >I don't think it's a case of assuming anyone's got anything.
> >Even possession of all the official II products isn't a
> >'requirement' for joining. Surely any discussion that is
> >about gaming in Glorantha using HW must be on-topic, and worth
> >anyone's attention.
> >
> >I think increasing the exposure of Hero Wars/Hero Quest
> >publications is obviously a suitable goal for this list.
>
> Yes, but at the same time the list needs to avoid giving the
> impression that unoffical publications, or indeed all the
> official supplements are necessary to enjoy Glorantha.
>
> My view is that reference to anything currently available should
> be OK but detailed discussion which assumes the reader has copies
> available should be shifted to the digest.

Yay !

It's sterile non-topic time again !!! :-(

Isn't it about time (i.e. HeroQuest will be released Next Week !!! ) we stopped talking about this kind of unproductive bollocks ?

Although one has to admit that bollocks are exactly where this kind of wank generally occurs ...

your friendly neighbourhoood immoderator,

Julian Lord

PS Can someone(s) better suited than me please post something beautiful and optimistic about HQ being released Next Week to HeroQuest-RPG ?

Jeff's efforts last time 'round were quite pleasing, but I seriously think that a fair amount of compensation, optimism, and downright jingoism is needed to properly reflect what we, the Tribe, _really_ feel about what is undoubtedly THE major fantasy RPG event of not only this century (so far) but the last quarter century of the fantasy RPG hobby ... ;-)

HEROQUEST WILL BE RELEASED NEXT WEEK !!!! Spread the message, the optimism, and the satisfaction, guys ...

:-)