Re: [OpenHeroQuest] The Second Gloranthan Grouse (with polls)

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_QOLLekr3y6TmbMuzGsoWh8LBjQbOp_zMHxzl41T_YrcsSD8vTy1fG9yR7YS4pczEfqHDRa>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 17:16:29 +0200

John :

> > Isn't that taking the scenario playtesting a little TOO far, John ?
>
> Accustomed as I am to not understanding Julian's posts, this one really
> passed me by. A Google news sweep on baboons didn't turn up anything than
> the usual thievery, raids, and Hindustan parliamentary seiges (twue), though
> it was interesting to read that some kind of baboon on stilts has escaped
> from the stage set of "The Lion King," and is wandering the Montana
> badlands.

When I asked, Google responded with the typical story about Malaysian kriss-wielding baboon-style martial arts (apparently the secret is to regard your adversary as being a snake), with a curiously Gloranthan kriss-wielding baboon pencil illustration, but not what I wanted.

> Anyone catch the story Julian is alluding to? Or has our immoderator been
> sniffing more than Roman cappuccino?

All I can remember is that a group of dead baboons, full of stab wounds, was discovered in some wildlife park or other down in your neck of the globe.

Screech, screech.

Julian