Terrible songs

From: kmnellist_at_lFwoCZeWsH5imwCjwwhcT4D-1F5zQNcuu_Toa96eiNtdw2Hx-MEWQps_hBQmRcTy6p
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 04:10:05 EDT

I'm guessing they're a bit too UK-centric for most tastes. Even then it is a bit "Kid's Party" biased. If you're into classical, folk, or Viking Metal (never even heard of that) you'll not be familiar with these, although I submit that if you went to any sort of mobile disco, or Butlins style holiday, between mid 80's to mid 90's you might have endured Agadoo.

<< ORLANTH

 I've been sitting here all day thinking >> This is "Grandad" a UK hit in sung by Clive Dunn (who he?) and written by the guy who played bass on "Take a Walk on the Wild Side"

<< ORLANTHI

 10 seconds... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... Ignition... Lift off >> This is "Mr. Blobby" another UK hit sung by the aforementioned Mr. Blobby. It was a so called novelty record.

<< KAJABOR

 Kaja-bor-bor-bor, god of cosmic entropy>>

This is Agadododo, push pineapple shake the tree. As sung by Black Lace. Probably a hit in the 80's.

<< Forgive my ignorance, but to what tunes does one sing
 these (in one's head, of course, so as not to offend  one's office mates)?>>

Avoid singing them! Never even hum them unless you are sure no one is around. Do not admit to knowing them! Your immortal soul would be in danger, or at least mildly embarrassed. These are terrible songs, even the tunes are dreadful (except for Grandad, whihc I like) although cursed by Malia they are "catchy".

<< Also, what makes you think they are unDigestible? I've seen far worse,
within the last 24 hours even.>>

I think it is more that they need work. I'm not entirely satisfied with the "Moon of the Egi" for example - or some of the other bits. In fact I'm only satisfied with the first line of Kajabor. There isn't a coherent theme in Orlanth, and Orlanthi is almost too similar to the original.

I posted "Itsy Bitsy" to the Heroquest list as I has been issued a challenge, but I thought these might scare off newbies, or indeed oldbies, or even inbetweenbies.

Keith