Mr Blobby and other cultural icons

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_LbVMuWBI55G-zQ3_WkuMDNrzUYnzemxPmIt1VBd-gpb7w7C9rUA-7qbCnQ0wPBoY3OgWh>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:46:59 -0700

> > Hrm. These are pretty obscure.
>
> If only!

Mr. Blobby never made it to TV here to the states, and the rest of the song titles didn't ring any bells with me, either. And we don't have the ?Wobbles?

> Still, Mr Blobby does seem to have lapsed into
> oblivion, along with his creator.

I *do* have a Mr. Blobby stuffed doll that we picked up years ago on my sabbatical, and we gave a friend of mine some Mr. Blobby candy (she collects weird stuff like that...).

I take it Mr. Blobby was the Barney of the UK? (Or did we export that travesty to y'all along with the rest of our "culture"?)

RR
- Richelieu