Re: Terrible songs

From: Pete Darby <pete_darby_at_10ZHTrrZbPu_MFrnPDNm3LnZA5tqjw0EhUlhQgujK2iSvAHxlkJO5KYOuRb2RdD97>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:34:05 -0000

> Still, Mr Blobby does seem to have lapsed into
> oblivion, along with his creator.

Sadly, Noel Edmonds has resurfaces as a stand-in for Johnny Walker on Radio 2's drivetime show.

And, for those of you lucky enough not to know, Mr Blobby started as a fake childrens TV character in a series of "hilarious" candidcamera  style wind-ups of celebrities on the Saturday prime time show of Mr Edmonds.

It then became an actual cult figure for kids and VERY annoying students. It's popularity heralded the beginning of the end of Edmonds show...

It's nothing like Barney, which at least was instigated with some form of educational ideas at the outset.

Now, think about this: a character that attacks the most popular members of society, that is despised by the majority of the population, and leads to the downfall of his sponsor. Blobby is an avatar of Eurmal.

Now, lads, we all know what we do to a strange trickster, don't we lads...