Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Vote RRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_DG4_Xac3lQ5y1Z2Dsw4rw9QA0wFsgn8DaTEZG-9eHfMj03mB0mH9pjJLgAWySE1k>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:24:30 -0700 (PDT)

Julian:
> The "Occupied Territories" are actually parts of
> the Kingdom of Jordan and Syria that Israel is
> treating like legitimately conquered territory.

I thought that, in the Jordanian-Israeli peace treaty, Jordan relinquished its claims in favor of the future Palistinean state.

> Still, I suppose that the routine assassinations by
> the Israelis of Palestinian leaders are perfectly
OK.

Depending on the target, it can make them terrorists, too. It does not change the fact that walking into a cafe of civilians and setting off a bomb is clearly terrorism. At least the Israelis are trying to target people they believe are military leaders, though their insensitivity to civilian casualties is barbaric.

> If supporting the Palestinians makes you a
> "terrorist", then _all_ arab nations
> support "terrorism".

Bah. Many Arabs support the ends but not the means, which is why they don't give money to terrorist organizations. As a matter of power politics, they see no benefit in denouncing the means, since the Palistineans believe they have no other means of moving towrds a homeland than terrorism. They are probably wrong, right now, though reasonable minds can differ on that. They were really wrong when they turned Barak down, which is just incomprehensible to me, unless their true goal is the destruction of the state of Israel.

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com