Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Digest Number 145

From: kmnellist_at_VUuDQ7yTxU0Ubap1ESZUyRz4cRdbonuYOkKsevmYydhm4dTlbBly1l647O_gTwyA32
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:24:46 EDT

<< From: "Jeff" <jeff.kyer_at_sBKv_nbXmSk3_4w0myg-t_GC0eowx6lJ4m4YX6z2n-tHTUcF8OhlynilngOh3RVK8wkIBcL3EH__5qc.yahoo.invalid>  Subject: STFU

 This list suddenly became much less fun.

 Thank you.

 Jeff >>

Here's a fun thing to do for political Glorantha funsters. Take the last dozen messages and try to replace all references to America, US, etc with Dara Happan or Lunar Empire. Replace Britain with Tarsh. Replace Al Quaeda with, say, Storm Bull fanatics, Saddam with Argrath, Bush with Moonson or the Provinicial Governor. WMD with Dragons or Praxian Horde or something similar. Yellowcake uranium with Falangian Diamonds, etc etc. What else do we need? Israel could be Harvar Ironfist. Other references and documents might need some thinking about.

Keith
PS. I was opposed to the war, or at least Britain's involvement in it. How is invading a country going to stop suicidal fanatics? I feel sure that I was misled, even I think the misleader thought he was doing it with the best intentions.