Re: Vote RRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_y7HvpQ_KhXn_oiyn0gGA-eFekpJXLX-ZHjPESrbu0e4DI6whT1NKNMDrEBK0rkwUyU4q10BH>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 21:17:39 -0000

> > > Face it, we were lied to.
> >
> > I disagree. I think we assumed he worst case. Whn
> > dealing with WMD, that's not unreasonable.
>
> But they were complying with the Inspections !!
>
> OK, they had to be forced to accept them :
> the _threat_ posed by the US was justified, 100%,
> but not the war itself, not from the reasons put forward
> by Bush and his pet poodle.

This was the problem with the French position. It was fine to decide not to support the call for War, but to come out and say "We will not support a call for War under any circumstances whatever" meant that th epro-war lobby could then just write them off, since they knew they couldn't get tehm "on-side"