[OpenHeroQuest] Re: Swing low...

From: David Cake <dave_at_pO7qhvTCt8owALhhypY6WlC8zmeFHowQoOrltaF3GlhODhUM3zb8XSLNvfpOT64IiBJGXRj>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:17:48 +0800

At 9:10 AM +0000 26/11/03, Graeme P. Bell wrote:
>> Gerald :

>> American beer AKA beer for wimps
>> is a sorry excuse for the noble beverage
>> in question.
>>
>Now that's just not true.
>You surely mean that American Mass Market Beer is an abomination,
>barely fit for human consumption. Just like "English" lager.

        It seems that many nations most famous well known beers are considered swill fit fit only for drunken teenagers and alcoholics at home, yet often strangely popular with wankers when exported - ie Fosters, Budweiser. Rubbishing any countries mass market beer to local drinkers generally just gets a "huh, you think we drink that crap?" reaction.

        FWIW I like Australian mass market beer much more than American, but try to avoid drinking either.

        And I have drunk fine beer in Seattle, San Jose, and New York.

	Cheers
		Dave